Attorney Joe VanDervoort - Credentials
I have practiced law for more than 40 years. My specialties have always been DUI and DMV. I know DMV and the justice system; and, I know where you can go for other forms of assistance. Call me.
You should know about your attorney. If a law advertisement does not tell you about the attorney, maybe there is nothing to say!
Here are some of my credentials:
- University of California Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts, 1969, Dean's List scholar.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, Juris Doctorate 1972, and teaching assistant. Scholarship student.
- Instructor Law Credential, Community College, 1973.
I am a current or previous member of the following:
- Top One Hundred Trial Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( NACDL). National Legal Aid and Defenders Association
- Butte County, State of California, and American Bar Associations
- Trial Lawyers Association
- DUI ("Deuce") Defenders
- Life member of California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (CACJ)
- Admitted to practice in County, State and Federal courts
- Prior director/owner of the Butte County private Defender system
- Judge Pro Tem, Oroville and Chico
- Certified as a specialist by the California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA). www.California-dui-lawyers.org.
DUI law is different than other types of criminal law. DMV hearings involve administrative law, Constitutional law, and criminal defense law. Few lawyers are versed in these fields.
Beware of advertisements in yellow pages under "A", or attorney or law firm ads that indicate expertise in numerous fields.
Most large yellow page ads and other ‘mailers’ distributed by many "legal firms" are merely referral systems that do not actually practice law in the County where you were arrested, or at all; but rather they make a living referring cases to other lawyers on a percentage or flat fee basis.
Do not take advice from such referral systems, and do not take advice from secretaries, paralegals, or any other attorney that does not specialize in DUI and DMV law.
If an attorney doest not tell you that you must contact DMV in within 10 calendar days of your arrest, they are in malpractice, and probably know little else that will help you.
Lawyers have two commodities to offer: expertise and knowledge. Both are derived from years of experience. If you find a lawyer who is a DUI and DMV specialist with more than 40 years experience, who devotes his or her practice exclusively to DUI and DMV, hire that lawyer! Never settle for second-best.
YOU HAVE ONLY 10 CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR ARREST TO HAVE A LAWYER CONTACT DMV IN , NOT LOCALLY, OR YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY LOSE YOUR LICENSE FOR FOUR MONTHS TO LIFE DEPENDING ON YOUR CHARGES, DRIVING RECORD, AND DRIVING STATUS. _________________________________________________________
You Need "The DUI King" To Represent YOU!
The Law Office of Joe VanDervoort
Telephone (530) 342-2858
Facsimile (530) 343-4817
I represent clients in all DUI and DMV matters in the following jurisdictions: , Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Tehema, Shasta, Sutter, and Yuba Counties. I will travel to ANY California County or City and do DMV in every courty.